Monday 16 July 2007

7 Days Later: Hello London!

So saying goodbye to everyone at home made me cry during the whole flight to London and the whole train ride from Gatwick to Victoria Station...and I found out: if you only cry enough you can actually get free drinks on a Germanwings flight and on the Gatwick Express :)...
Then I finally reached my new home, met my new flatmates and was sooo happy to be in London eventually (after sleeping and living on my brother´s sofa for the past two weeks). My first week consisted more or less in looking for a Tesco, getting lost, looking for an Argos, getting lost, looking for my flat and getting lost again...so now I know my new area pretty well (including every single backstreet).
For my first weekend here my best mate Fred came over for a visit and together we had a great time: We went to see The Orange Lights at the Barfly in Camden. They were brilliant and at least as brilliant as them was one of their support acts, a guy called Yoav. It was just him and his guitar. Oh well, you might think, just another singer-songwriter like there´s loads of ´em...but this guy did really really cool stuff with his guitar: first he used it as some sort of a percussion drum and sampled live what he´d just drummed, then sung some tunes into his microphone, made some sounds on his guitar, also sampled both and then he just played his song over what he had just sampled. Really nice!! I´ve never seen anything like that before. And in addition he has an amazing voice. So check him out here if you like.
On sunday we went to the Rise Festival in Finsbury Park to see The Holloways and Saint Etienne - also very nice and for free!
So today it´s been exactly one week I´ve been here and it´s probably time to get back to work. I still have to do my other book with all the illustrations...so I better get going before Seb kills me...For everyone back at home some pictures:

My new room (yes, that´s basically it)

my view,

my street,

a nice shop in Camden,

Fred in Soho,

and The Holloways at Rise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

und das machen wir jetzt jeden monat!

Nina said...

Yay! Von mir aus gerne...